We humans absolutely depend upon a constant supply of fresh, clean water for good health. Without water there would be no life on planet earth. The Benefits of Water.
Water plays an important role in the world economy. Approximately seventy per cent of the freshwater used by humans is used by agriculture to produce food for humans and animals. Fishing from both fresh and salt water is a major source of food across the world.
Water perpetually moves through the water cycle:
- evaporation from water bodies into the air.
- transpiration from land plants into air.
- precipitation, or rain from water vapor condensing from the air and falling to earth.
- run off from the land. Usually returning to the sea.
However water is not infinite. Just a few decades ago everyone though water was an infinite resource. Perhaps becaue of the growing human population we are already experiencing water scarcity. Without water we will die.
- We need water to digest and absorb nutrients from our food.
- Water flushes out toxins from our bodies.
- Water transports oxygen and nutrients to the cells of the body.
- It maintains a safe body temperature.
- To function properly, the body requires between one and seven liters of water per day to avoid dehydration.
- We need approximately 2 liters (6 to 7 glasses) of water daily.
In many poorer parts of the world water quality is poor. In the developing world, 90% of all wastewater still goes untreated into local rivers and streams.
Desalination of seawater is expensive because of the amount of electricity required. It is already the solution used in coastal arid climates to supply abundant fresh clean water in locations with an economy to support it.
The lack of water is called dehydration. Signs of dehydration include;
- Head aches.
- Coloured urine.
- Muscle pains.
- Acid reflux
You should drink more water if you are;
- Drinking alcohol
- Drinking caffeine
- In hot and dry climates
- Flying in an aircraft
- Suffering from a fever and some other illnesses
The Benefits of Water is a FREE 115 page E-Book to accompany the FREE ‘Welcome Drinking More Water’ subliminal affirmation MP3 by Peter Zapfella.