Study skills are generally critical to academic success, and achieving satisfactory test and exam results. However successful study skills are useful throughout life. Welcome Successful Study Skills
“Successful study is about good planning,
attitude and discipline” – Peter Zapfella.
The essentials of proven successful study methods include:
- Know the syllabus.
- Effective time management.
- Use ‘Priority’ to do lists.
- Listening and note taking. Including verbal cues such as anything stressed as important or repeated.
- Review notes before study session so it is targeted and relevant.
- Avoid all distractions.
- Maintain regular study routine.
- Set goals for every study session.
- Start with the most challenging subject/topic first.
- Focus and concentration.
- Identify your challenges and focus upon them first.
- If you do not understand – ask for help.
- Work in study groups to help you understand concepts and complete assignments on-time.
- Complete all assignments early.
- Review, rewrite and reorganise in to categories all your notes following every class/lecture.
- Review the past weeks work over the weekend.
- Know the test and exam formats.
- Never cram.
- Set aside ‘me time’ and rewards, without stealing from study time.
- Download and listen to ‘Welcome Successful Study Skills’ MP3.
- This MP3 should be used in conjunction with Welcome No Stress and Anxiety and Welcome Life Beyond Depression.
When we experience repeated negative emotions and we accompany those with negative self-talk we imprint our unconscious mind with negativity which results in the creation of self-limiting beliefs. These can lead to ‘bad’ habits of behaviour, and so the cycle continues. Now, imagine what happens when we replace the negative self-talk and emotions with positive affirmations. New self-empowering thoughts and beliefs can result in ‘good’ habits and behaviours and so the cycle continues. That is all very good in theory, and it can be that simple for some people. For others the negative self-limiting beliefs and habits can be so entrenched it takes more than positive affirmations to ‘break-though’ the negativity
If you had a bucket of mud (representing negative emotions and behaviors), but you wanted a bucket of clean fresh water (representing positive emotions and behaviors), you could put the bucket of mud under a tap and run fresh clean water (representing subliminal affirmations) into the bucket. But it would take a long time, and you would still have a bucket of muddy water. That is an analogy of how most subliminal affirmation downloads currently available on the Internet work, or perhaps do not work. Peter Zapfella uses his one-on-one therapies to ‘throw out’ or delete the mud (representing negative emotions and behaviors) and then you can choose to use the ‘Welcome’ Subliminal Affirmations to quickly and efficiently refill the bucket with fresh clean water (representing positive emotions and behaviors). No mud!
Everyone of us is unique. We have all had different life experiences and we react to them differently too. By listening to these subliminal messages, you can train your unconscious mind to develop these principals of excellence. While these qualities will be adopted in time, they can be ‘blocked’ by pre-existing negative emotions and deep unconscious beliefs.
Most emotional and behavioural challenges can respond well to one-on-one psychotherapy tailored to the individual, using Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), hypnotherapy and perhaps cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
The Welcome Successful Study Skills MP3 is a resource used to ‘lock-in’ the unconscious shifts following one-on-one therapy.
That is why Peter Zapfella suggests you start with one-on-one therapy using Skype @ skypetherapy.pro, and then use the Welcome Successful Study Skills subliminal affirmations to ‘lock-in’ the unconscious shifts long-term.
Of course, you can ‘flip-it’ and try the Welcome Successful Study Skills MP3’s first, and see if they are effective for you without therapy. If you listen to the Welcome Successful Study Skills MP3 while sleeping, on ‘repeat’ your unconscious mind will hear this message almost 500 times every night. If that works for you then that’s great. If not, go to skypetherapy.pro
Subliminal Affirmation Text:
“You enjoy studying.
You are intrigued by the important facts and details that matter most.
You apply proven successful study methods.
You reserve exclusive time for study.
Distractions have no meaning, so they fade into the background.
You focus upon learning the material you need to know to be successful.
You practice recalling important facts.
You are now more clear in the mind, more relaxed in the body, you are more confident and coping better with everything and everybody, because you know you are free of that old sadness and depression from the past.”
© Copyright 2017-18 Peter Zapfella