CORPORATE QUIT SMOKING … and more.
- Cost Effective – return on investment up to 1.500 per cent.
- Benefits in many areas of your business – not just financial.
- Proven Results – independently substantiated.
- One session – free of ongoing sessions.
- Free follow-up if an employee fails or relapses.
- Also available for many other issues – including alcohol, marijuana, methamphetamine, gambling and other addictions, phobias (such as fear of public speaking, heights, confined spaces and flying etc), depression, stress, anxiety and more.
When Woodside Energy, Australia’s largest oil and gas producer, decided to ban all tobacco smoking on its offshore platforms, they called in Peter Zapfella to conduct his corporate quit smoking program.
Firstly, he was required to qualify in an internationally accredited OPITO Tropical Offshore Emergency Training course in order to work on offshore oil and gas platforms. Peter made 8 visits, via helicopter, to the platforms operated by Woodside Petroleum on the North-West Shelf of Western Australia, from December 2007 to February 2008. He worked with more than 80 workers who had to quit smoking in readiness for the planned 1st March total smoking ban.
This is the first and only time quit smoking therapy has be conducted on oil and gas platforms anywhere in the world. Following the total ban, employees baggage is physically searched before boarding flights to the rigs for tobacco, alcohol, butane lighters, matches and mobile phones.
‘I am delighted to commend Peter Zapfella for the work he has recently undertaken for Woodside’s offshore facilities. We demanded an exceptional output from Peter on very busy operational areas. He met our expectations and in fact exceeded them. Peter was very professional in his approach and was client focused.’ – Doug Manton. HSE Coordinator. GWA Platform. Woodside Energy Ltd.
Woodside’s offshore operations have achieved and MAINTAINED a 100 PER CENT QUIT RATE in the 2 years following Peter Zapfella taking smokers through a SINGLE SESSION of quit smoking therapy. Some staff may choose to smoke at home when off work swings (rotations), but at work they do NOT smoke.
Peter attended Woodside Energies Karratha Gas Refinery in August 2012 to take another 40 employees through Quit Smoking therapy. He was also asked to Woodside’s Pluto Gas Refinery to take another 40 employees through quit smoking therapy. Why would Woodside keep asking Peter Zapfella to return? There is only one answer, because he gets great results.
“Interested in some hypnosis, Peter is one of the most successful hypnotists in Australia” George Akary. Master Hypnotherapist Sydney NSW.
“We are all doing really well after your session with our team. 8 out of 9 employees that came to see you (in Port Hedland) a month ago are still not smoking, we are all very happy.” Tim Hipworth. BIS Industrial Logistics. Perth. WA.
CORPORATE SMOKING FACTS
* Up to 20 per cent of the Australian work force currently smoke.
* Most smokers want to quit, most have tried, but they do not understand their addiction, that is why they continue to smoke.
* Every smoking employee costs your business thousands every year. The average smoker loses up to 30 minutes a day, or 14 working days a year – on smoko breaks.
* The average smoker takes 5 more sick-leave days a year than non-smokers, with colds and flu. Smokers take longer to recover from illnesses than non-smokers. Smoking employees cost business up to 50 per cent more in insurance premiums.
* Many companies have tried nicotine replacement therapies (NRT) such as patches, and failed. NRT is a waste of money and effort for almost everyone who has tired it. If it did not work first time around chances are it will never work again. For most it is all down hill from the start. (Reference: www.whyquit.com)
A meta-analysis reported in Lancet (343:139-142  by Siegel, M. Nelson, D. Peddicod, J. Merritt, R. Giovino, G. & Eriksen) combined 42 nicotine gum studies (30 followed up for one year, 12 for 6 months) and 9 nicotine patch studies (followed up for one year) reported the mean gain in cessation rate attributable to nicotine replacement therapy was only 8 per cent. Proof the nicotine replacement therapies advertised on TV are just placebos.
* Tobacco is our number one drug problem – responsible for 80 per cent of all drug-related deaths and two-thirds of all drug-related costs to the community.
* The annual cost of smokers to the Australian hospital system is about AUS$700 million, every year.
* The Australian social costs of smoking are conservatively estimated to be as high as AUS$21 billion a year.
Performance coaching Darwin & Singapore
Think of the overall benefits of assisting your employees to quit smoking forever; following one session with Peter Zapfella.
- Return on investment. With a potential saving of more than AUS$5,000 per annum for every smoker employed, Peter offers a possible return on investment up to 1,500 per cent.
- Overcome the destructive/negative feelings that non-smoking employees feel when they continue to work, while smokers take smoko breaks throughout the day; yet they are paid the same. Its enough to make some people start smoking again!
- A safer working environment for all. With fewer smokers overall, therefore fewer passive smokers, means over-all health benefits for all your employees.
- All your employees (both smokers and non-smokers) knowing they are working for a business that cares for their health and well-being.
- No more unsightly, stinking cigarette butts in ashtrays and on the ground outside the entrance of your business. No more staff standing around puffing on cigarettes. A far better corporate image.
- Your business and employees can expect better health, vitality and self-esteem. Following Peter Zapfella’s quit program you can expect an improvement in esprit de corps and a resultant increase in productivity.
- Most smokers who come to Peter Zapfella for help have previously failed with other therapies (including: patches, gum, pills, acupuncture, Alan Carr’s books, lectures, cold turkey) and therapists, including hypnotherapists.
- Peter Zapfella’s program works for all smokers regardless of how many cigarettes they smoke daily, how long they have smoked, previous relapses, gender or age. There are no pills, patches, struggle, gimmicks, group sessions, on going classes, withdrawals, stress, anger, just a straight forward, sensible program.
- Smokers should want to quit, NOT be forced to quit. Peter Zapfella knows the most successful programs; which achieve the best results.
- Peter Zapfella offers a FREE follow-up session if an employee fails to quit or relapses*.
- Smokers can accept some responsibility for their own health and financial benefit from quitting by paying or -paying for their own therapy.
- Join some of Australia’s largest companies – including Woodside Energy, Rio Tinto Iron Ore, Argyle Diamonds and others, who have consulted directly with Peter Zapfella to substantially reduce or even eliminate smoking in their work force.
- Reports suggest the overall immediate success rate of Peter Zapfella’s quit smoking program is close to 100 per cent. For example, 3 years after sending 14 employees to Peter Zapfella to quit smoking, 12 Sandvik staff are still non-smokers. (86% non smoking 36 months following therapy) The 2 who chose to smoke had free choice and know they are welcome to a FREE follow-up session when they are ready to quit.
- Peter Zapfella has created a range of specific therapies, using Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Emotional Alignment Therapy and advanced Hypnotherapy methods to overcome the root cause of the problem in just one session. He brings with him around 20 years passionate experience, and thousands of past successful and happy clients.
Contact Peter Zapfella now for more information.
Contact Peter Zapfella.
Please indicate your location and the nature of the personal challenge/s you wish to change. Your phone number will enable Peter to discuss your particular issues with you and give an appropriate fee estimate.